Sunday, August 3, 2008

So I made it to Eugene! I'm still in one piece and I've given myself some new guidelines on which to live.
  1. I will update this regularly. Every Wednesday and Sunday sound good to me. It'll be like my own private church, in a manner of thinking.
  2. There is no number two.
  3. I'm writing three pages a day minimum for my book. This will give me a good rough draft three months from now, which is exactly where I need to be with that right now, before the ideas fall out of my head from disuse.
  4. I won't drive my car unless absolutely necessary. This presents two positives: I'll get in shape AND I won't be contributing so much to pollution and the toxicification (did I just make that word up? cool) of the planet.
  5. Who cares about quitting smoking.
There should be a real update on Wednesday, unless I die semi-tragically.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This list is hilarious, and I think you're justified on all 5 counts. You really should quit smoking, except no you shouldn't: smoking is great. Reading Fran Lebowitz is the clearest path to a lifetime of complacent, smoky bliss. On that note, I'd like a cigarette (I have one, conveniently.)

Anonymous said...

good times. I cant quit smoking.. But hell I dont want too. YAY! I hope your story is coming along nicely. :D

Looove you!

Kater said...

Do not die. AT ALL. thanks.

Anonymous said...

this is a dear fat old man in your life...getting in shape and smoking don't go together, at least not in the same blog...enjoyed the read, stay in touch that will always be there for you...miss ya